About the club
Glendora Country Club is the result of OVER 60 years of dreams and hard work. It was begun in 1954 when several local businessmen were convinced that a golf course would be a good venture. The Club is located on a portion of the Warren Estate at the east end of Glendora and easily accessible to those in and around the San Gabriel and Inland Valleys.
Today, The Club offers a variety of golf, aquatic and social events for its’ members and guests. Our Robert Trent Jones Sr. golf course is enjoyable and challenging for all levels of play, offering a variety of tees to accommodate everyone from beginners, juniors, and seniors to casual enthusiasts, low handicappers and golf professionals. The course plays host to the local "Genesis Open" qualifier, U.S. Amateur (both men and women) Qualifiers, S.C.G.A Tournaments and counts amongst our members the former U.S. Women's Mid Amateur Champion. The club consistently ranks as one of the best country clubs in the Los Angeles area.
The 25 yard pool, home to our Gators swim and dive team since 1965, is the site of many competitions, family barbecues and outings. Besides a regular schedule of member dining and social activities, the clubhouse offers numerous indoor and outdoor venues to host private events from small business meetings and bridal showers to weddings, tournaments and larger special events.
The early years following World War II brought a population boom to the San Gabriel Valley. The citrus orchards fell to the bulldozers and houses went up as people moved in by the thousands. During that time it became apparent that there was a need for a club somewhere in the foothill region between Monrovia and San Dimas. A number of groups considered such a venture, with a number of places under consideration. None of these projects ever got beyond the thinking stage except Glendora.
It was 1954 when E. Warren Beach, an enthusiastic golfer with some experience in golf course design, persuaded Frank Teter, Howard Steinbaugh and a few other local businessmen that a country club and residential development in Glendora was a reasonable venture. The original Warren home estate, built in 1914, at the east end of Glendora was selected as the nucleus of the project. The Club purchased the home and 80 acres of land, with an additional 33 acres taken on a lease with an option to buy. The Warren Home, which served as the first clubhouse, was actually incorporated in the new building that opened in 1962.